Starting weight: 188.0
Current weight: 174.3
Goal weight: ~140.0
First off, holy crap. I didn't realize I lost that much weight. I feel lighter but not that much. I think I may need to get a new scale because when I first stepped on it it said 170.4 and I gasped. I stepped on it 3 more times and I got 174.3. Maybe it was just trying to fool me :P it is really nice to see my hard work is paying off. I just need to start adding more protein to my diet because I am TIRED all the time. I find that I'm more flexible and that I don't get fatigued as easily during workouts. Doing DDP Yoga on the days I'm not boxing has really been a huge help.
I am excited because I've been wearing glasses since I was about 5 years old. I've been wanting this surgery since I was like 7 when I first heard about it. I am SO ready to be glasses-free!
I'm nervous because I'm not looking forward to the post-op period. My friend Misfit Librarian recently had the procedure done and reading about her's and others' experience during recovery does not sound fun to me. I'm not looking forward to not being able to drive at night for a little while either.
I'm terrified because it is a surgical procedure and things can go wrong and there can always be complications. And especially because it's on my eyes, it's not something I really want to mess around with. But the fact of the matter is, if I want to have a shot at being an LEO, I need to get my eyes fixed.
But I know everything will be fine. What's going to suck is my friend KJ is coming to visit next weekend and she's staying with me. When I scheduled my surgery, I didn't realize it was the day before we're supposed to go to NJ for the Pro- Wrestling Syndicate show. We're also going to Queens that afternoon to meet Bret Hart. I can probably drive that afternoon but she's going to have to drive to Jersey because I know I won't be able to drive home at night.
Tonight I'm (hopefully) going to NYWC if it doesn't snow too hard. We'll see.
Happy Saturday!
I am so happy with your weight loss progress. It feels so good, doesn't it? I lost between 15-20 pounds when I started on my "Spartan" diet about 2 years ago. I feel great, and I don't think I have ever looked better (except maybe like 20 years ago!).
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with your eye surgery. I'll be thinking of you.
Let's get together when you feel better (after your Lasik surgery). I miss you.