I wrote this poem the other day and it helped pull me out of the darkness. It's so far untitled.
I hope you enjoy it.
Your voice envelopes me—
The warmth of the sun on my face,
bright spots peeking through the clouds.
A gasp of laughter escapes from my throat,
my hand on your arm to brace myself from falling over
(and to sneak a touch of your skin).
my hand on your arm to brace myself from falling over
(and to sneak a touch of your skin).
Your eyes pierce me—
I can block out the sun but not your gaze.
my face flushes,
my
heart sprints,
my
mind begins to wander…
I
turn away in shyness.
Your arm wraps itself
around my shoulders—
We lay in the soft grass
and dig our feet into the warm soil.
I never want this moment to end.
I
rest my head on your chest and sigh,
and silently suppress the tears that begin to form at the thought
and silently suppress the tears that begin to form at the thought
of
our eventual “goodbyes.”
Your laughter dances
above my head—
I feel on top of the world at the sound of it:
the last sound I want to hear at night
the
first thing I want to hear in the morning.
Only you can wrangle a smile from my lips.
Only you can wrangle a smile from my lips.
I smile and bask in the glory of this
most
cherished accomplishment.
But your memory is all I
have left to bask in now—
And I am so cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment