Hello. My name is Alex. I'd like to think that "vivacious" is a word that accurately describes me. I used to blog over on a site called Xanga but they recently announced that they are closing shop at the end of July and I had debated for a while whether or not I'd ever want to really blog again. I used that site as an online diary for 10 years. Lately though, I hadn't really kept up much with recording my thoughts or emotions. I didn't really think they were significant enough to record. However, I decided that with everything going on in my life, I guess I need some sort of outlet. A place where I can write down how I feel or what I did or what happened to me, that I can look back at 10 years in the future and be completely embarrassed at what a moron I am now.
This is has been a period of great changes for me not just in terms of blogging, but in my life as a whole. I want to be different. For once in my life, I am actually happy with who I am as a person and am confident that I will actually accomplish things that I've always dreamt of.
I've debated with what I'm going to post on here. I've read some of my friends' blogs and some like to post a lot of stuff related to their careers, some about their writing, and others about their day-to-day life. I was never really able to keep up with a diary. I think I'm going to treat this almost like a collection of personal essays. I don't just want this to be a blog--I want this to be a place where my friends and I can get together and discuss a variety of topics as well. I'll be posting news articles on a variety of things that pique my interest, rants and raves, some photos, and maybe some things that even relate to my career (which I officially start on Monday).
I think now is the perfect time for me to start this blog.
Hello again. Hope to see you again soon.
Alex.... thank you so much for giving me the link to your new blog. I love that you are here, and that you have plans to write about your life again. For me, there is nothing like blogging. I may not blog as I regularly did on Xanga, but whenever I do blog, it feels so good. And as you said, it's just a place where you can jot down your thoughts, and years later come back to it and see how far you have progressed.
ReplyDeleteMiss you. We should get together soon. I can't wait to hear about your new career.
Nova,
DeleteI am so sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your comment. This sort of slipped my mind until just now.
I would love to meet up with you soon! I just need a few more weeks for the money situation to build back up and I can definitely meet you in the city for something fun, even if it's just lunch. :)
For me, I think it actually helps knowing I have an audience in a way. Because I guess it's a way for me to know that I'm not totally alone--that someone maybe relates to the thoughts in my head and will comment in a helpful way (like you always do).
Welcome! :D You can post about the readings I give you if you want! >D
ReplyDeleteOf course! Anything for you! ^_^
Delete