In 6 days I will be competing in the "Tough Mudder: Tri-State."
You can learn more about the obstacle course here.
I'm a little nervous about competing. This is my first one. My friend, Corey, did one last year in Nevada where he was living at the time. He has since moved back to Long Island and convinced me to compete in one with him.
I'm not really worried about getting injured or dying or anything like that. I'm more worried about embarrassing myself in front of others because I'm not strong enough. My upper body strength is weak, and I don't have much endurance. I haven't really been able to truly push myself in regards to training as much as I would have hoped to. My mom has been really encouraging which is nice. She's going to go with me as a spectator and cheer me on. Corey has been really great with support too.
Corey has a form of cerebral palsy. The fact that he was able to complete one is amazing. The fact that he is now going to go for his second one is incredible to me. He told me, "If I can do it, there is no reason why you can't."
My fear and doubt is typical of me--I always put myself down. The past 24 hours I've been debating if I can fake being sick enough to not participate on Sunday. But then I realize that I am stronger than I think I am.
I used to play Gameball on the regular in college. And that was intense. Plus, I really, really want that cool orange headband. And I'll be going with a good friend and a couple of his friends. Yeah, I really don't think I'd be going if I wasn't going with a team...
So, we'll see how it goes. I'm planning on taking work off on Monday because I'm sure once I get home I'm not going to get out of the hot bath I plan on sitting in for a few hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment