Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Happier Things.

I have to say that this summer has actually been really great so far.
Even though there have been some not wonderful things that have happened (another story for another post in the future), I am proud of myself for being able to maintain my positivity.

I don't feel like doing a huge, lengthy post. So instead, here are some photos and quick quips to recap everything that's happened since Memorial Day.


My brother graduated high school last weekend! I am an incredibly proud big sister! He will be starting a program later this month that will help him find a vocational track and will help train him. It is specifically designed for people with autism so it will be incredibly helpful for him. :)

A couple weeks ago, my friend, Dayshawn, and I had tickets to the Yankees/Orioles game. It was the night Carlos Beltran hit the walk-off home run. It was SO amazing and we had incredible seats. The game happened to be the night of Mrs. Wilson's wake, so we went to the afternoon hours and then headed up to the Bronx. It was definitely something we both needed. 

At the beginning of June, I went to my first Pro Wrestling Syndicate show in Rahway, NJ. I got to finally meet my idol, Bret "The Hitman" Hart. He has led an incredibly inspirational life filled with challenges but he has never compromised on his principles. The wrestling world (and the world at large) needs more men like him. 


So far I also salvaged my bike post-Sandy (even installed a new seat for it!), ran my fastest mile ever (11:18! I've never gotten below 12:30 before), and have been chugging along in the hiring process for US Customs and Border Protection. I have a feeling this is going to be the last "normal" summer I have. I can feel that there are big changes coming my way. I am so excited!



No comments:

Post a Comment