Things have been looking up. Summer really just isn’t my
season. I really think I’m always at my best during September, October, and
November. My next downturn I’m sure will be just after New Year’s. I’m hoping
it won’t be as severe as this year’s was but we’ll see.
I have a lot of fun things planned and I’m really excited.
Tomorrow I am dyeing my hair black and red. It’s something I’ve wanted to do
for several years. I should have done it in college when it was more acceptable
to dye my hair funky colors but I was always concerned about looking
professional so I never did. Now I really just want to get it out of my system
so that when I do get into uniform, I won’t have any regrets about never doing
it. I’m not looking forward to it 100% because bleach will need to be used but
I know it’s going to look amazing.
I’m going to Seattle at the end of October for a few days. I’ll
be going with Melissa and we’ll be visiting her brother Michael. The three of
us practically grew up together but I haven’t seen Michael since before
graduating high school. I’ve always wanted to visit Seattle. Even though I know
it’ll be freezing, I have to at least put my feet in the Pacific Ocean. I want
to see the Space Needle, and I think we’ll also be driving up to Vancouver to
catch a Canuck’s game. I’ll have the chance to meet one of my penpals, Jake,
which will be great. Also in October is Tough Mudder. I’m at the point now
where I’m actively dreading it. I am just trying to convince myself that I can
do it. My friend Corey who has a form of cerebral palsy completed one last year
and is doing it again with me this year and I know if he can do it, then I
certainly can. I’m trying to unlock myself from this constantly negative
mindset. I keep defeating myself mentally and then beat myself up even more
when I fail. I give myself zero chances. I’m starting to change that.
I also have two police exams in October—Nassau County
Sheriff and NYS Trooper. I’m not worried about those. I just hope I don’t feel
mentally drained at the end of them.
In November it will be my birthday on the 22nd
and then Corey, Kate, Kate’s sister, and myself are going to RAW at the
Coliseum on the 25th. It’ll be nice going as a group. Those shows
are always really fun and it’ll be nice because I literally live 15 minutes
away so I don’t have to worry about a train schedule or anything.
Back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment