Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Exercises in exercise.

No fun hair dyeing adventures for me sadly. My hairdresser had a medical issue so when she is feeling well enough to work again she will call me and I will get it done then.

I am sitting here patiently waiting for my tiny 8GB iPhone 4 to download iOS 7. I've tried twice now and both times I let the screen go dark and so it restarts the whole process. I had to delete like half my apps in order to download and take off all my music. I hope this is worth it and that I can put that stuff back on my phone because I need it to be functional until at least January. My contract with Verizon is up then and then I can either choose to stay with them or move carriers or just upgrade my phone. I'm planning on purchasing an iPhone 5s. I don't care how tacky it looks, I want the "goldpagne" one. I don't like the 5c's. They look like giant pieces of gum.

I am so exhausted physically. But that's a good thing. I recently canceled my Planet Fitness membership and joined a gym in Lynbrook called BC BJJ MMA. They have a variety of classes such as Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, boxing and kickboxing. And you get to attend unlimited classes for their monthly fee. It's within my budget and a friend of mine from the PD recommended to me so I joined.

First off, holy. fucking. shit. Ow. I went to class Monday night for kickboxing and my arms feel as heavy as lead balloons. I wanted to go back tonight after resting yesterday but I am still so sore and fatigued it's unbelievable. I knew this was going to be an intense workout because I've participated in a couple classes before joining to see if I like it. But honestly, by the end of the evening on Monday, my legs were shaking, my arms didn't want to move, and went I finally plunked down into my car, I literally burst into tears and cried for a good 30 seconds. I was a bit discouraged and down because I am clearly the weakest person in the gym. I can barely do push-ups, I get winded pretty quickly. I'm having difficulty with my footing when it comes to throwing my punches and my kicks on the bag.

But I know I will get better. And I know I will get in shape. I can feel my muscles getting stronger even now. I know that this will be a success and that if I just stay positive and keep at it, I will be in shape and fit enough for the physical fitness exams.

Now all I have to do is save money for LASIK. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment